At Stairlifts Plymouth, we recognise that your stairlift plays a significant role in your everyday life, which is why we provide maintenance and repairs to keep it in top operating order. Our team of skilled stairlift experts is available to help, whether you require a routine maintenance check or a repair. We provide thorough stairlift repair services for all stairlift makes and models.
You can depend on our Plymouth-based team of stairlift engineers to provide you with a high-quality service because they are specialists in stairlift repairs. In order to keep your stairlift safe and reliable, we also offer stairlift services nearby in Plymouth, Exeter, Devon, and Cornwall. We also recognize the importance of routine stairlift servicing, which is why we offer regular stairlift service, which includes battery replacements, lubrication, and more.
Benefits of Stairlift Servicing
What happens during a Stairlift Service
A stairlift service won't take long to complete and may be booked at a time that works for you, allowing you to pick a time when you won't need your lift for about 30 minutes.
We perform a thorough service, cleaning and inspecting all the mechanical and electrical aspects of your stairlift so that we can identify any potential issues and stop them from getting worse. A stairlift service is a wise investment in the upkeep of a piece of equipment you depend on, ensuring that you may use it with confidence and certainty that it won't fail you suddenly.
How to Care for a Stairlift
Taking care of your stairlift is an economical step in the durability of your equipment. There are several steps you may take on your own to maintain your stairlift in between servicing:
- Keep the track clean and free from obstructions: The track is the part of the stairlift that runs along the stairs. It's important to keep it clean and free from debris or obstructions, such as small toys or pet hair. Regularly inspect the track for any damage and clean it with a soft, damp cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners that could damage the finish.
- Check the battery: Stairlifts are powered by batteries, so it's crucial to make sure they're charged and functioning properly. Most stairlifts have an indicator light that lets you know when the battery is low. If you notice the light is on or flashing, it's time to charge the battery. You should also replace the battery every few years to ensure it's working at optimal capacity.
- Lubricate moving parts: Over time, the moving parts of a stairlift can become dry and start to squeak or make other noises. To prevent this, it's important to lubricate the moving parts regularly. You can use a silicone-based lubricant or a light machine oil to lubricate the track and other moving parts.
- Check the safety features: Stairlifts come with a range of safety features, such as seat belts, safety sensors, and emergency stop buttons. It's important to make sure these features are functioning properly and test them regularly. If you notice any issues, contact a qualified technician to repair or replace the safety feature.
- Schedule regular maintenance: To keep your stairlift in good condition, it's important to schedule regular maintenance with a qualified technician. They can inspect the device, identify any issues, and make any necessary repairs or adjustments. Regular maintenance can also help prolong the lifespan of your stairlift.
Why Choose Stairlifts Plymouth?
Our team have over 40 Years’ collective experience in the mobility industry
Bruno Approved Installer
Stairlifts Plymouth is an approved and experienced installer of Bruno Stairlifts, ensuring you received the highest end product and service.
5 Year warrantee
Each and every one of our stairlifts is covered by a 5-year manufacturers warrantee, providing you with total peace of mind
A lot of our business comes to us via customer referrals due to our outstanding customer service
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
The Stairlifts Plymouth team take great pride in providing great products supported by great service which is 100% guaranteed.
Accessible Location and Parking
Our Stairlift shop is wheelchair friendly and there is parking directly outside so it’s a matter of steps before arrive at our front door